It’s important to keep your glasses clean to see well, avoid fatigue and prolong the life of your lenses. Most people buy an eyeglass cleaning spray to keep their lenses looking clean and tidy. Just spray, wipe with a microfiber cloth, and you’re done!
But these cleaning sprays cause waste and can be surprisingly costly. We don’t all have Sonic’s golden rings to trade in. Luckily, you can make your own glasses cleaning spray at home, and it’s easy, fast and inexpensive. A nice, thrifty and eco-friendly way to fix your dirty glasses and keep your eyewear sparkling.
Today we’re sharing our favorite easy-to-follow recipe to create a natural and effective cleaner, suitable for all types of glasses. Even those with specific treatments like anti-reflective lenses or blue light glasses.
👨🍳The simple recipe for your DIY eyeglass lens cleaner spray
- 10ml white vinegar
- 30ml water (preferably distilled)
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice to flavor it and add a beautiful scent
- A clean, empty spray bottle
- A funnel (optional, but handy for filling the bottle without spills)
- 🥼 Prepare your workspace: Make sure your workspace is clean and well disinfected. Germs may be sort of healthy, but not in your cleaner. Plus, the more sterile it is, the longer it’ll last.
- ⚖ Measure Ingredients: Use a measuring cup to measure 10ml of white vinegar and 30ml of distilled water. Pour them into a suitable container for mixing. Distilled water is best to avoid mineral deposits on your glasses.
- 🧪 Optional: Perfume your cleanser by adding 1 to 2 drops of an essential oil of your choice. Be sure to choose a mild essential oil to avoid irritation.
- ⚗ Mix the ingredients: Use a clean spoon to mix all the ingredients. Make sure it's evenly and well mixed for optimal results.
- 💧 Fill the spray bottle: If you're using a funnel, place it over the opening of the spray bottle. Carefully pour the mixture into the bottle until it’s fuller than an EA microtransaction.
- 🎟 Label the bottle: To avoid confusion, label the bottle with the contents (glasses cleaner) and the date of manufacture. No one wants to accidentally drink their glasses cleaner.
- 📦 Storage: Store your bottle in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
🧼How to use your homemade cleaning spray
- Shake the bottle well before each use to re-mix the ingredients.
- Lightly spray the solution on the lens
- Use a clean, soft microfiber cloth to gently wipe the glass in circular motions.
- Repeat as necessary, especially if you’re dealing with particularly stubborn stains.
- Tip: Don’t use paper cloths or rough fabrics to wipe the cleaning spray over your glasses. It will result in scratches or removing the protective layer on your lenses. You should always use a microfiber cleaning cloth for cleaning glasses. Make sure to avoid rubbing alcohol or any aggressive household products that can affect the lenses.
- Voila! You now have clean glasses!
This homemade spray will leave your glasses squeaky clean and streak-free. Letting you see better than Hawkeye, in any circumstances. Using a homemade cleaning solution is a fast, economical and eco-friendly way to pamper your glasses and eyes without breaking the bank.
Homemade glasses cleaner: Final thoughts
It’s as easy as that! All you need is water and vinegar to create your very own homemade lens cleaner that you can use over and over on your lenses.
Also, by opting for this homemade solution, you’ve saved money, and avoided contributing to the massive waste issue steadily ruining our environment. It’s even better than using dish soap and tap water!
With your homemade cleaner, you can take care of your glasses easily and say goodbye to smudges and fingerprints forever.
Final tips: Remember to clean your glasses regularly for optimum visual comfort. If you adopt this recommended maintenance routine, it will prevent scratched lenses, thus increasing the lifespan of your glasses.
Time to go and clean them like a pro!